USA: American Eagle Posts Sales Results, Key Appointment
The Pennsylvania-based company said September consolidated same-store sales, which include its Bluenotes/Thriftys banners in Canada, fell three per cent year-on-year.
Total sales at its 900 stores for the five weeks ended October 4 climbed 7.9 per cent to $122.1 million from the year-ago period.
The retailer also named Henry Stafford as its new vice president and general merchandising manager of American Eagle's men's division. He replaces Fred Glover who was recently appointed president of its Bluenotes subsidiary.
Stafford was most recently at Old Navy where he held the position of divisional merchandise manager of men's active and tops divisions.
Co-CEO, Roger Markfield, said: "We are extremely pleased to welcome Henry to American Eagle. He brings substantial talent and experience to our company, which perfectly complement our strong men's team.”
Companies: American Eagle Outfitters
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Lifestyle company American Eagle Outfitters is to relocate its Warrendale-based corporate headquarters to an urban development in Pittsburgh....
Lifestyle retailer American Eagle Outfitters has announced that its new casual sportswear retail concept will be called MARTIN + OSA, after Kansan outdoor explorers Martin and Osa Johnson....
American Eagle Outfitters Inc on Tuesday lowered its third quarter earnings forecast amid inconsistent store traffic in September....
Casual clothing company American Eagle Outfitters Inc says it plans to launch a new concept next year aimed at driving expansion....
GT Nexus, a supply-chain software and services provider, says it has netted a deal to implement and operate a technology platform for global transportation and import operations management for lifesty...
American Eagle Outfitters Inc has announced that Joan Hilson Sr and Dale Clifton will take on the duties of executive vice president and chief financial officer following the resignation of Laura Weil...
Lifestyle retailer American Eagle Outfitters Inc says that good sales of teen apparel pushed up second-quarter turnover, almost doubling its earnings for the period....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' July sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar