USA: American Eagle Reports July Sales Increase of 18.1 Per Cent
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc (Nasdaq: AEOS) today announced total sales for the four weeks ended July 29, 2000 increased 18.1 per cent to $66.6m from $56.4m for the four-week period ended July 31, 1999. Same store sales for the 2000 period decreased 1.5 per cent compared to the corresponding four-week period last year. This compares to a 13.5 per cent same store increase in July 1999.Sales for the twenty-six week period ended July 29, 2000 increased 19.4 per cent to $387m from $324m for the twenty-six week period ended July 31, 1999. Same store sales for the 2000 period rose 0.2 per cent compared to the corresponding twenty-six week period last year.American Eagle Outfitters, Inc is a specialty retailer of all-American, casual apparel, accessories, and footwear for men and women between the ages of 16 and 34. The cCompany designs, markets, and sells its own brand of versatile, relaxed, and timeless classics like AE jeans, cargos, and T-shirts, providing high quality merchandise at affordable prices. The Company currently operates 515 stores in 46 states and the District of Columbia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016