USA: American Eagle Reports July Sales Increase of 18.1 Per Cent
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc (Nasdaq: AEOS) today announced total sales for the four weeks ended July 29, 2000 increased 18.1 per cent to $66.6m from $56.4m for the four-week period ended July 31, 1999. Same store sales for the 2000 period decreased 1.5 per cent compared to the corresponding four-week period last year. This compares to a 13.5 per cent same store increase in July 1999.Sales for the twenty-six week period ended July 29, 2000 increased 19.4 per cent to $387m from $324m for the twenty-six week period ended July 31, 1999. Same store sales for the 2000 period rose 0.2 per cent compared to the corresponding twenty-six week period last year.American Eagle Outfitters, Inc is a specialty retailer of all-American, casual apparel, accessories, and footwear for men and women between the ages of 16 and 34. The cCompany designs, markets, and sells its own brand of versatile, relaxed, and timeless classics like AE jeans, cargos, and T-shirts, providing high quality merchandise at affordable prices. The Company currently operates 515 stores in 46 states and the District of Columbia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022