US: American Eagle to open stores in China, Hong Kong
Apparel group American Eagle Outfitters is to enter the Chinese market with the opening of the company’s first stores in Hong Kong and mainland China.
Under an exclusive franchise agreement announced with retail operator Dickson Concepts (International), the US company will open a series of stores over the next several years.
The first three outlets, scheduled to open in early 2011, are earmarked for Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai.
The stores will offer the full AE seasonal assortments, as well as intimates and dormwear lines from Aerie by American Eagle.
“There is significant appetite for the American Eagle Outfitters brand internationally,” said Jim O’Donnell, American Eagle CEO.
“Dickson’s tremendous experience with some of the most prestigious and valuable brands in the world makes them the ideal partner for this region.”
Dickson Poon, group executive chairman of Dickson Concepts, added: “There is a burgeoning demand for trendy young fashion in Asia, and I am very confident that American Eagle Outfitters will achieve the same level of phenomenal success in Asia as in its home market of North America.”
American Eagle will provide merchandising and marketing input for the new stores, while Dickson Concepts will handle all operational functions.
The move follows American Eagle’s first foray into the Middle East in March, with the opening of stores in Dubai and Kuwait.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' November 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' September 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
Luxury retailer Dickson Concepts (International) has seen its first-half earnings tumble 24.7% after its license to distribute Polo and Ralph Lauren items in Asia expired at the end of last year....
One-time charges pushed down third-quarter profit at American Eagle Outfitters Inc, but the teen retailer also said stronger back-to-school sales and fewer promotions helped lift margins....
US fashion retailer American Eagle Outfitters saw its net income drop in the third quarter, hit by closure charges for MARTIN+OSA. ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020