US: American Woolen Co acquires Stafford Springs mill
The American Woolen Company is in the process of acquiring the assets of the Stafford Springs wool mill, which closed production late last year.
Through the acquisition, American Woolen said it will reintroduce luxury worsted and woollen textile manufacturing to the US.
The company will be supported by a $300,000 loan and a $100,000 grant by the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development to help cover building acquisition costs.
American Woolen said it will hire many of the mill's former employees as it ramps up production.
"This project wouldn't have happened without the cooperation and support from Governor Malloy and his economic development team," said Jacob Harrison Long, CEO of American Woolen Company.
American Woolen Company closed last Wednesday to transfer the equipment and property, owned by The Warren Corp, which ended production at the factory at the end of last year.
Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
This brand new title from just-style takes a look at this rather forgotten, yet unique textile fibre and examines the place of wool fibre in the textile value chain. It addresses its decline in popula...read more
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details