USA: Ames Liquidation Costs Footstar $9.2 Million
In response to Ames Department Stores' decision to liquidate and close all of its stores, Footstar Inc announced on Wednesday it will be winding down its footwear departments in Ames stores and recording an allowance for bad debt of $9.2 million in the second quarter ended 29 June 2002.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar