USA: Ames To Open 96th NY Store This Week
Ames Department Stores, Inc (NASDAQ: AMES) announced today it would celebrate the grand opening of its newest New York location on October 19, 2000. The new store, located in the Albany suburb of Latham, is the second capital region store to open this year. With the opening of Ames' Latham store, located in New Loudon Center at 855 New Loudon Road, Ames' statewide presence increases to 96 retail stores. "We expect this store to be a great follow-up to the Schenectady store which opened earlier this year and has been a strong performer for us," noted Joseph R. Ettore, chairman and CEO for Ames. The company will celebrate two additional grand openings on October 19, both in the greater Chicago area, to bring the chain's total to 479 stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack