USA: Ames To Open 96th NY Store This Week
Ames Department Stores, Inc (NASDAQ: AMES) announced today it would celebrate the grand opening of its newest New York location on October 19, 2000. The new store, located in the Albany suburb of Latham, is the second capital region store to open this year. With the opening of Ames' Latham store, located in New Loudon Center at 855 New Loudon Road, Ames' statewide presence increases to 96 retail stores. "We expect this store to be a great follow-up to the Schenectady store which opened earlier this year and has been a strong performer for us," noted Joseph R. Ettore, chairman and CEO for Ames. The company will celebrate two additional grand openings on October 19, both in the greater Chicago area, to bring the chain's total to 479 stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022