USA: Ames To Open 96th NY Store This Week
Ames Department Stores, Inc (NASDAQ: AMES) announced today it would celebrate the grand opening of its newest New York location on October 19, 2000. The new store, located in the Albany suburb of Latham, is the second capital region store to open this year. With the opening of Ames' Latham store, located in New Loudon Center at 855 New Loudon Road, Ames' statewide presence increases to 96 retail stores. "We expect this store to be a great follow-up to the Schenectady store which opened earlier this year and has been a strong performer for us," noted Joseph R. Ettore, chairman and CEO for Ames. The company will celebrate two additional grand openings on October 19, both in the greater Chicago area, to bring the chain's total to 479 stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Target Corp, Foot Locker
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022