USA: Ames To Open 96th NY Store This Week
With the opening of Ames' Latham store, located in New Loudon Center at 855 New Loudon Road, Ames' statewide presence increases to 96 retail stores.
"We expect this store to be a great follow-up to the Schenectady store which opened earlier this year and has been a strong performer for us," noted Joseph R. Ettore, chairman and CEO for Ames. The company will celebrate two additional grand openings on October 19, both in the greater Chicago area, to bring the chain's total to 479 stores.
With 479 stores located in 19 states and the District of Columbia, Ames is the nation's largest regional, full-line discount retailer with annual sales of $4bn. Ames offers a broad range of merchandise categories including family apparel, housewares, domestics, electronics, and health and beauty care items.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack