USA: Ames To Open 96th NY Store This Week
Ames Department Stores, Inc (NASDAQ: AMES) announced today it would celebrate the grand opening of its newest New York location on October 19, 2000. The new store, located in the Albany suburb of Latham, is the second capital region store to open this year. With the opening of Ames' Latham store, located in New Loudon Center at 855 New Loudon Road, Ames' statewide presence increases to 96 retail stores. "We expect this store to be a great follow-up to the Schenectady store which opened earlier this year and has been a strong performer for us," noted Joseph R. Ettore, chairman and CEO for Ames. The company will celebrate two additional grand openings on October 19, both in the greater Chicago area, to bring the chain's total to 479 stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report