US: Amy Kocourek to head Hot Topic merchandising
Amy will oversee all elements of merchandising at the firm's Hot Topic division, including buying, planning and allocation, marketing, store design, visual and hottopic.com.
She most recently held the post of vice president, general merchandise manager, women's apparel and accessories for American Eagle Outfitters, but has also held management positions at Old Navy and Rampage Retail Stores.
At Hot Topic, which operates 680 stores, Amy will report to Betsy McLaughlin, the company's chief executive officer.
Teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters is going back to its roots after deciding to ditch its struggling men's and women's concept Martin+Osa....
Discount and value retailers have transformed the clothing industry in recent years, reinventing the consumer perception of a bargain and squeezing supply margins....
Plus-size is a bone of contention for many in the fashion industry. Away from the runways, however, it is emerging as an area of the market worthy of strong investment....
Teen apparel retailer American Eagle Outfitters Inc is expanding outside of North America for the first time this month, with flagship shops opening in Dubai and Kuwait City....
Pop-inspired apparel retailer Hot Topic posted a 44% decline in fourth quarter profit to US$8m after experiencing a double-digit sales decline....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020