USA: And Another Ad Disaster For Nike…
Ad agency Wieden & Kennedy has got Nike into another fine mess. Nike now faces a $1m lawsuit after the agency allegedly used a piece of music in an ad without the author's consent.Singer, Billy Paul, is seeking $1m in lost licensing fees in a suit filed in the federal district court in Los Angeles, after claiming that the company had not sought his permission to use his song, "Me and Mrs Jones".Wieden & Kennedy, also being sued by the singer, said it seemed like it was "a very stupid mistake".The question has to be: how long can the Portland-based ad agency hold on to the lucrative Nike contract? Two of its ads for the sports giant had to be pulled in October after they caused a deluge of complaints.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020