USA: And Another Ad Disaster For Nike…
Ad agency Wieden & Kennedy has got Nike into another fine mess. Nike now faces a $1m lawsuit after the agency allegedly used a piece of music in an ad without the author's consent.Singer, Billy Paul, is seeking $1m in lost licensing fees in a suit filed in the federal district court in Los Angeles, after claiming that the company had not sought his permission to use his song, "Me and Mrs Jones".Wieden & Kennedy, also being sued by the singer, said it seemed like it was "a very stupid mistake".The question has to be: how long can the Portland-based ad agency hold on to the lucrative Nike contract? Two of its ads for the sports giant had to be pulled in October after they caused a deluge of complaints.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack