USA: Andrew Comley Named Creative Design Director of de V&P
Mr Comley, who was design director for Calvin Klein Collection, will direct and oversee the design teams for both the Adrienne Vittadini and Emanuel/Emanuel Ungaro brands with a focus on developing and maintaining the identity and direction of each brand.
Mr Comley will report directly to Kimberly Perrone, co-chief executive officer of de V&P, on day-to-day design and product development. In addition, he will collaborate with Maura de Visscher, co-chief executive officer, and Shelly Bromfield, creative design director of licensed businesses, on the positioning and development of licensed businesses, as well as on new business development, marketing and advertising.
Prior to joining Calvin Klein, Mr Comley held senior design positions at Trussardi and Gucci, and served as a design consultant for MaxMara, San Lorenzo and Vestebene.
"Andrew Comley is an outstanding addition to our management team," said Ms Perrone. "Having worked with a number of the industry's most successful fashion brands, Andrew brings a high level of experience and a valuable perspective to his new position. We look forward to his contributions as we continue to refine and build both the Adrienne Vittadini and Emanuel/Emanuel Ungaro brands."
Ms de Visscher added, "Since acquiring Adrienne Vittadini and the license for Emanuel/Emanuel Ungaro last September, we have repositioned and updated these brands for today's consumer. Andrew will play an important role in the continued evolution and growth of these businesses, as we leverage each brand's growth potential."
de V&P, Inc designs and markets women's apparel under the Adrienne Vittadini and Emanuel/Emanuel Ungaro brand names. Its products are carried in leading department stores in the US, Canada and Australia.
Companies: Calvin Klein Inc
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Cash and carry chain Makro has been prosecuted for selling counterfeit Calvin Klein-branded jeans, despite an earlier out-of-court settlement with the Calvin Klein company....
Luxury label Calvin Klein is set to sign English football star David Beckham as an underwear model in a deal worth £1m, according to industry sources....
New York-based apparel company Warnaco Group has completed the acquisition of Phillips-Van Heusen's Calvin Klein subsidiary businesses in Europe and Asia....
Leading apparel maker Warnaco is to buy the companies that operate the licenses and related wholesale and retail businesses of Calvin Klein jeans and accessories in Europe and Asia for EUR240m (US$286...
Calvin Klein women's better sportswear, a division of the Kellwood Company, has named Chris Jackson vice president of design....
Fashion brand Calvin Klein Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of apparel group Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation, has signed a deal with Fingen SpA to make and distribute the Calvin Klein Collection brand w...
Calvin Klein Inc has signed a licensing agreement with G-III Apparel Group Ltd for women's better suits in the United States, Canada, and Mexico....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack