USA: Andrew Urbain Appoints Brand Development Chief
Gloria Gelfand, a fashion industry veteran and director of merchandising services for the Jassin-O'Rourke Group, will spearhead the strategic efforts to develop and position the Andrew Urbain brand across international markets.
"I am very excited at the prospect of working with Andrew Urbain," Gloria said after the announcement. "He is a very talented and highly spirited young designer, and his designs will find their mark in the fashion-apparel market."
Ms Gelfand has previously been instrumental in developing and implementing market entry strategies for the Escada, Louis Feraud, Rena Lange and Salvatore Ferregamo brands in the United States.
Andrew Urbain Inc was founded in New York in August 2000. Andrew Urbain founded his namesake company with his business partner Michel Deschodt. The company is privately held. The company designs and manufactures high-end women's evening, cocktail and event wear for worldwide distribution.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar