USA: Ann Taylor August Same-Store Sales Fall 7.6 Per Cent
By division, Ann Taylor store sales were down 8.7 per cent compared to an 8.2 per cent decrease last year, and the Ann Taylor Loft division saw a decrease of 5.4 per cent compared to an 11.8 per cent increase last year.
Total net sales increased 2.4 per cent to $88.61 million over total net sales of $86.51 million for the four week period ended 1 September 2001.
Chairman J Patrick Spainhour said: "For August we continued to experience a dramatic improvement in gross margin performance resulting from our tight inventory levels and continued acceptance of our merchandise offering. The total company achieved a 600 plus basis points increase in gross margin over the same period last year."
For the fiscal year-to-date period ended 31 August 2002, net sales totalled $777.15 million, up 10.4 per cent from $703.9 million for the same period in 2001. Comparable stores sales dropped 1.0 per cent from the same period last year.
Companies: AnnTaylor Stores
Women's wear retailer Ann Taylor is to open 75 new stores this year after breaking the US$2bn sales barrier during a much-improved 2005....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' December sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Ladies' wear retailer AnnTaylor Stores has more than doubled its third-quarter profit on improved inventory management and merchandise, but said quarterly sales missed forecasts....
Supply chain information company Industry Forum is holding a workshop on fast fashion on 30 November 2005, which looks at the example of Spain-based high-street chain Zara's success with high speed to...
American Eagle Outfitters Inc has announced that Joan Hilson Sr and Dale Clifton will take on the duties of executive vice president and chief financial officer following the resignation of Laura Weil...
Women's specialty retailer Ann Taylor Stores Corporation has named Ronald Hovsepian as non-executive chairman of the board, effective upon the retirement of J Patrick Spainhour as chairman and chief e...
Upmarket ladies' wear retailer AnnTaylor Stores Corp has secured a trademark license agreement with clothing maker Guangzhou Pan Yu San Yuet Fashion Manufactory Ltd....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020