USA: Ann Taylor Names Ex-Gap Exec Design EVP
The operator of nearly 600 stores said Jessup was formerly EVP for product development and design for Gap, GapKids, BabyGap and Body. Prior to that he held a similar position at the firm’s Banana Republic division.
"Jerome's extensive product and brand management experience will help us achieve greater consistency and excitement at Ann Taylor Stores," said Ann Taylor chairman Patrick Spainhour in a news release..
"As a critical member of the senior management team, he will intensify our client focus to assure we meet our clients' expectations season after season."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
In this, her second report on Thailand's textile industry, Niki Tait looks at projects aimed at preparing Thai manufacturers for the global market and assesses the sector's post-quota future....
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Business analytics company Appian Analytics Inc has signed an agreement with clothing giant Gap Inc to provide business analytics and reporting services for monitoring performance across Gap brands in...
Apparel giant Gap Inc says it will open two branches of its Banana Republic chain in Tokyo later this summer....
US apparel giant Gap Inc has reported a slump in first-quarter income, after its namesake division saw poor sales of women's spring collections....
Leading womenswear retailer AnnTaylor Stores Corporation has posted a lower-than-expected first-quarter net income, partly due to the company planning and buying the Loft business "too aggressively"....
Gap has announced that in addition to its 18 Gap stores to be opened in Japan this year it will open five Banana Republic stores in Tokyo....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022