USA: Ann Taylor Same-Store June Sales Down 1.2 Per Cent
By division, comparable store sales for fiscal June 2002 were down 1.4 per cent for the Ann Taylor division compared to a 16.1 per cent decrease last year, and down 0.6 per cent for the Ann Taylor Loft division compared to a 1.0 per cent decrease last year.
Ann Taylor chairman J Patrick Spainhour said: "We anticipate continued improvements in tops for the remainder of the year. All categories of tops, casual separates and footwear and accessories were standouts."
As a result the company raised its second quarter earnings guidance from $0.25-$0.27 to $0.29-$0.30.
For fiscal July, the company said it expects to achieve flat comparable store sales compared to last year and continues to expect inventory levels to be down 10-15 per cent for both the second quarter and for the full year, compared to last year.
the fiscal year-to-date period ended 6 July 2002, net sales totalled $587.91 million, up 10.4 per cent from $532.45m for the same period in 2001. Comparable stores sales for the fiscal year-to-date period dropped 1.3 per cent from the same period last year.
Companies: AnnTaylor Stores
Women's wear retailer Ann Taylor is to open 75 new stores this year after breaking the US$2bn sales barrier during a much-improved 2005....
Ladies' wear retailer AnnTaylor Stores has more than doubled its third-quarter profit on improved inventory management and merchandise, but said quarterly sales missed forecasts....
Supply chain information company Industry Forum is holding a workshop on fast fashion on 30 November 2005, which looks at the example of Spain-based high-street chain Zara's success with high speed to...
American Eagle Outfitters Inc has announced that Joan Hilson Sr and Dale Clifton will take on the duties of executive vice president and chief financial officer following the resignation of Laura Weil...
Women's specialty retailer Ann Taylor Stores Corporation has named Ronald Hovsepian as non-executive chairman of the board, effective upon the retirement of J Patrick Spainhour as chairman and chief e...
Upmarket ladies' wear retailer AnnTaylor Stores Corp has secured a trademark license agreement with clothing maker Guangzhou Pan Yu San Yuet Fashion Manufactory Ltd....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' July sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020