USA: AnnTaylor Net Profit Almost Doubles At $20.9m
Leading women's apparel retail chain AnnTaylor Stores Corp yesterday revealed its first-quarter net profit almost doubled to $20.9 million from $10.9m in the year-ago period thanks to strong sales of full-price fashions.
The operator of Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft stores, said same-store sales for the quarter to May 4 were flat and are expected to remain so during the second quarter. Total net sales for the quarter climbed 12.5 per cent to $345.4m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"