USA: AnnTaylor Net Profit Almost Doubles At $20.9m
Leading women's apparel retail chain AnnTaylor Stores Corp yesterday revealed its first-quarter net profit almost doubled to $20.9 million from $10.9m in the year-ago period thanks to strong sales of full-price fashions.
The operator of Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft stores, said same-store sales for the quarter to May 4 were flat and are expected to remain so during the second quarter. Total net sales for the quarter climbed 12.5 per cent to $345.4m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022