USA: AnnTaylor Q1 Profit Hit By Fashion "Misses"
Leading women's apparel chain AnnTaylor Stores Corp on Wednesday posted a fall in first quarter net profit as sales were hit by fashion "misses" and cooler weather in the Northeast. The New York-based operator of more than 600 stores under banners such as Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft posted a profit of $17.9 million, or 39 cents per share, compared with $20.9m, or 45 cents per share, in the year-ago period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands