USA: AnnTaylor Q2 Profit Doubles To $18m
Leading women's clothing chain AnnTaylor Stores Corp was celebrating today after its second quarter net profits more than doubled to $18.2 million from 2001 amid higher sales and reduced inventory levels. The New York-based operator of 555 outlets under banners including AnnTaylor and AnnTaylor Loft said sales in the 13 weeks to August 3 climbed 10.6 per cent to $343.1m but same-store sales fell 0.2 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores