USA: AnnTaylor Q2 Profit Rises 16% On Sales Growth
The New York-based firm posted net income of $21.2 million, or 45 cents a share, for the quarter ended August 2, compared with $18.2m, or 39 cents a share, in the same period of the prior fiscal year.
Net sales climbed 14 per cent to $390.2m from $343.1m with same-store sales up 5.3 per cent. By division, same-store sales were up 4.9 per cent for Ann Taylor and ahead 5.7 per cent at Ann Taylor Loft.
The operator of more than 600 stores said it expects third quarter earnings in the range of 57 to 61 cents a share, fourth quarter earnings of 41 to 43 cents a share and full year earnings in the range of $1.82 to $1.88 a share.
Ann Taylor chairman J Patrick Spainhour said: "The second quarter was propelled by positive comparable store sales each month for both divisions other than a slight negative comparable store sales percentage in June for Ann Taylor.
"Ann Taylor's positive comparable store sales for the quarter were driven by strategically managed promotions that helped optimise selling of product that continued to border on being too safe, lacking colour and sophistication.
"We remain comfortable with current earnings per share guidance for the fall season … (and) expect August, September and October, comparable store sales to be in the range of positive three to positive five per cent for both divisions."
Companies: AnnTaylor Stores
Women's wear retailer Ann Taylor is to open 75 new stores this year after breaking the US$2bn sales barrier during a much-improved 2005....
Ladies' wear retailer AnnTaylor Stores has more than doubled its third-quarter profit on improved inventory management and merchandise, but said quarterly sales missed forecasts....
Supply chain information company Industry Forum is holding a workshop on fast fashion on 30 November 2005, which looks at the example of Spain-based high-street chain Zara's success with high speed to...
American Eagle Outfitters Inc has announced that Joan Hilson Sr and Dale Clifton will take on the duties of executive vice president and chief financial officer following the resignation of Laura Weil...
Women's specialty retailer Ann Taylor Stores Corporation has named Ronald Hovsepian as non-executive chairman of the board, effective upon the retirement of J Patrick Spainhour as chairman and chief e...
Upmarket ladies' wear retailer AnnTaylor Stores Corp has secured a trademark license agreement with clothing maker Guangzhou Pan Yu San Yuet Fashion Manufactory Ltd....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' July sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020