USA: AnnTaylor To Open Website And Stores By End Of Year
Speaking at the Robertson Stephens conference in New York City, chairman and chief executive J. Patrick Spainhour said Ann Taylor would launch its website within two to three weeks in time for the holiday season. AnnTaylor.com will carry around 50 per cent of what's offered in its stores and will also debut new products before they are rolled out to bricks and mortar stores. JC Penney Logistics will provide fulfillment for the site. The retailer's Loft division is expected to launch its site later in the year.
Spainhour also said that the retailer would begin testing colour cosmetics in select stores today (October 16). The new feature is expected to roll out to 300 stores by next spring. In addition, AnnTaylor will increase its offerings of petite sizes with separate signage.
As for new store openings, the company says it will have added 20 stores by the end of the year while its Loft unit would increase its store base by 62 locations. Loft expects to add 70 additional stores in 2001. The retailer recently opened its third flagship store in Chicago and Spainhour said that Ann Taylor hopes to have 15 flagships in the future.
Companies: AnnTaylor Stores
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Women's wear retailer Ann Taylor is to open 75 new stores this year after breaking the US$2bn sales barrier during a much-improved 2005....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' December sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Ladies' wear retailer AnnTaylor Stores has more than doubled its third-quarter profit on improved inventory management and merchandise, but said quarterly sales missed forecasts....
Supply chain information company Industry Forum is holding a workshop on fast fashion on 30 November 2005, which looks at the example of Spain-based high-street chain Zara's success with high speed to...
American Eagle Outfitters Inc has announced that Joan Hilson Sr and Dale Clifton will take on the duties of executive vice president and chief financial officer following the resignation of Laura Weil...
Women's specialty retailer Ann Taylor Stores Corporation has named Ronald Hovsepian as non-executive chairman of the board, effective upon the retirement of J Patrick Spainhour as chairman and chief e...
Upmarket ladies' wear retailer AnnTaylor Stores Corp has secured a trademark license agreement with clothing maker Guangzhou Pan Yu San Yuet Fashion Manufactory Ltd....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar