SOUTH KOREA: Anti-Microbial Fabric Shines Bright For Hyosung
A new fabric capable of destroying germs and eliminating unpleasant odours has been developed by South Korean fibre firm Hyosung Corp. The material, which incorporates silvered yarns and has been branded as Mipan Magic Silver, is said to have the ability to permanently destroy 99.9 per cent of harmful microbes. Recent tests carried out by the state-funded FITI Testing and Research Institute found that the fabric not only destroyed pneumonia, yellow staphylococcus and colitis but also the methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands