US: Anvil Knitwear fills top marketing post
She will report directly to president and CEO Anthony Corsano, and will be responsible for directing Anvil's corporate and product marketing programmes, building overall brand awareness, and managing communications and promotional activities.
Stefani's responsibilities will also include developing and executing marketing strategies and pursing sponsorship and licensing opportunities.
She will also work closely with Anvil's product development, sales and corporate social responsibility teams to uphold the firm's sustainability message.
"As Anvil continues to grow, it was critical to our multi-year business strategy that we have an individual of Heather's calibre to lead Anvil's marketing objectives," said Anthony Corsano.
Stefani has previously worked for the Ledgemoor Group, Nike, Iconix and Champion Athleticwear, a division of US apparel group Hanesbrands.
Established skills and tradition were not enough to save some apparel makers from layoffs and factory closures in 2011. But acquisitions, an environmental focus and international expansion helped othe...
Instead of our regular look at the top stories on just-style during the week, we thought a fitting end to the year would be to take a look at the top stories on just-style in 2011. What made the grade...
Sporting goods giant Nike posted a narrow increase in second quarter profit, as a double-digit surge in revenues was offset by falling margins....
Adidas sportswear supplier Augusta Manufacturing is investing $5m at its factory in Nicaragua to create 500 jobs by the end of this year, and expects to double its workforce in 2012....
Singapore based dyes and chemicals maker Huntsman Textile Effects is to work with textile and garment giant Ramatex in a bid to achieve zero discharge of hazardous chemicals - a target global fashion ...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019