US: Anvil Knitwear fills top marketing post
She will report directly to president and CEO Anthony Corsano, and will be responsible for directing Anvil's corporate and product marketing programmes, building overall brand awareness, and managing communications and promotional activities.
Stefani's responsibilities will also include developing and executing marketing strategies and pursing sponsorship and licensing opportunities.
She will also work closely with Anvil's product development, sales and corporate social responsibility teams to uphold the firm's sustainability message.
"As Anvil continues to grow, it was critical to our multi-year business strategy that we have an individual of Heather's calibre to lead Anvil's marketing objectives," said Anthony Corsano.
Stefani has previously worked for the Ledgemoor Group, Nike, Iconix and Champion Athleticwear, a division of US apparel group Hanesbrands.
Established skills and tradition were not enough to save some apparel makers from layoffs and factory closures in 2011. But acquisitions, an environmental focus and international expansion helped othe...
Instead of our regular look at the top stories on just-style during the week, we thought a fitting end to the year would be to take a look at the top stories on just-style in 2011. What made the grade...
Sporting goods giant Nike posted a narrow increase in second quarter profit, as a double-digit surge in revenues was offset by falling margins....
Adidas sportswear supplier Augusta Manufacturing is investing $5m at its factory in Nicaragua to create 500 jobs by the end of this year, and expects to double its workforce in 2012....
Singapore based dyes and chemicals maker Huntsman Textile Effects is to work with textile and garment giant Ramatex in a bid to achieve zero discharge of hazardous chemicals - a target global fashion ...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead