UK: AOL And Wal-Mart's ASDA Take Stake in ShopSmart.com
AOL UK, the European affiliate of America Online and a provider of interactive services, and ASDA, the UK affiliate of Wal-Mart, said they have entered a four-year strategic marketing agreement. The companies will jointly take a 22.5 per cent equity stake in ShopSmart.com, an online British shopping directory. The agreement enables ASDA to enter the online marketplace while giving AOL access to one of the largest retailers in the U.K. ShopSmart.com will receive exposure in ASDA stores in the UK and Wal-Mart stores in Germany. The company will also become the exclusive price comparison service for AOL Europe in Germany and the UK, with an additional banner package in each country.For more information visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Bangladesh urged to release garment union leaders
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022