UK: AOL And Wal-Mart's ASDA Take Stake in ShopSmart.com
AOL UK, the European affiliate of America Online and a provider of interactive services, and ASDA, the UK affiliate of Wal-Mart, said they have entered a four-year strategic marketing agreement. The companies will jointly take a 22.5 per cent equity stake in ShopSmart.com, an online British shopping directory. The agreement enables ASDA to enter the online marketplace while giving AOL access to one of the largest retailers in the U.K. ShopSmart.com will receive exposure in ASDA stores in the UK and Wal-Mart stores in Germany. The company will also become the exclusive price comparison service for AOL Europe in Germany and the UK, with an additional banner package in each country.For more information visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report