US: APDN signs inspection agreement with Wakefield
DNA-based security and product authentication specialist Applied DNA Sciences (APDN) has signed an agreement with Wakefield Inspection Services (WIS) to provide global traceability solutions.
Wakefield, a textile specialist, will help provide global supply chain, traceability and security-driven solutions to customers using APDN’s Signature T DNA marking and DNA authentication services.
According to APDN, Signature T DNA ensures traceability of textile raw materials from point of origin to finished product.
Combined with WIS’ inspection services, APDN said customers would gain worldwide access to the consultation, training, documentation and enhanced inspection services needed to ensure a “seamless” implementation of the programme.
“With Applied DNA Sciences, we will map out the most cost-effective processes and procedures for ensuring that the Signature T DNA marker in fibre, yarn or fabrics can be securely obtained and authenticated throughout virtually any textile supply and logistic chain,” said Greg Wakefield, director at WIS.
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Supply chain focus for Puma sustainability targets
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis