HONG KONG: Apparel And Footwear May Sales Flat
Total retail sales were up HK$16.5bn ($2.12bn) in May, up four per cent on last year's figures, Asia Pulse reported. But apparel and footwear sales failed to take off, with increases of two per cent and one per cent apiece. The figures, released by HK's Census and Statistics Department, showed that for the first five months of this year, total retail sales were up by one per cent in value and two per cent in volume over the previous year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores