TURKEY: Apparel exports up 8.7% in first 11 months
Turkey's apparel exports rose by 8.7% in the first 11 months of last year, according to data just released.
The figures, from the Turkish Exporters Assembly (TIM), show total apparel exports rose to US$13.76bn in the period from January to November 2013, up from US$12.66bn the year before.
Knitted garments account for the lion's share of exports, rising 10.4% to US$8.5bn from US$7.7bn; while shipments of woven garments were up 6.2% to US$5.26bn from US4.96bn.
The data shows apparel exports currently account for 9.9% of Turkey's total exports, worth US$138.7bn during the 11-month period.
The figures also show that exports of cotton, cotton yarn and cotton textiles climbed 9.9% to US$1.79bn, while exports of man-made filaments surged 14.1% to US$1.55bn.
In terms of export markets, Germany remains the main destination for Turkish apparel exports, followed by the UK, Spain, France and the Netherlands.
The industry has set its sights on an ambitious export target of $80bn by 2023 - more than tripling its current performance in the space of a decade - with $60bn coming from apparel and $20bn from the textile industry.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report