TURKEY: Apparel exports up 8.7% in first 11 months
Turkey's apparel exports rose by 8.7% in the first 11 months of last year, according to data just released.
The figures, from the Turkish Exporters Assembly (TIM), show total apparel exports rose to US$13.76bn in the period from January to November 2013, up from US$12.66bn the year before.
Knitted garments account for the lion's share of exports, rising 10.4% to US$8.5bn from US$7.7bn; while shipments of woven garments were up 6.2% to US$5.26bn from US4.96bn.
The data shows apparel exports currently account for 9.9% of Turkey's total exports, worth US$138.7bn during the 11-month period.
The figures also show that exports of cotton, cotton yarn and cotton textiles climbed 9.9% to US$1.79bn, while exports of man-made filaments surged 14.1% to US$1.55bn.
In terms of export markets, Germany remains the main destination for Turkish apparel exports, followed by the UK, Spain, France and the Netherlands.
The industry has set its sights on an ambitious export target of $80bn by 2023 - more than tripling its current performance in the space of a decade - with $60bn coming from apparel and $20bn from the textile industry.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- India sets out long-overdue clothing labour reform
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts