COLUMBIA: Apparel Magazine La Bobina To Cease Publication
The November issue of La Bobina - the magazine founded in 1969 to serve the Spanish-speaking apparel and sewn products manufacturing industry - will be its last, its publishers have announced.
The decision follows a growing trend of major technology buying decisions being made in the US, but will mean its sister publication, Bobbin Magazine, will include select Latin American apparel executives in its circulation.
Susan Black, spokeswoman for publisher VNU Business Publications USA, said: "We're very proud of the important role La Bobina has played in the marketplace. It was a pioneer in bringing manufacturing and technology know-how to the Latin American sewn products industry and it also opened the doors for many vendors interested in selling to the market.
"But as the industry has become increasingly globalised during the past three decades, we find less need for a segmented publication of this nature. Instead we will focus our core resources and efforts on producing Bobbin, which today embraces a breadth of technology, sourcing, product development and retailing issues."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective