KENYA: Apparel maker United Aryan selects WFX ERP
Kenya-based clothing manufacturing giant United Aryan (UAL) has selected the WFX Cloud ERP software for its African production facilities.
UAL operates two production facilities with a capacity of 100,000 pieces/day and 8,000 employees. It is set to open another production facility by mid-2013 which will further increase capacity and create more jobs.
Managed by Pankaj and Amit Bedi, UAL has grown fast speed since its inception in 2002.
"We have been relying on home-grown software and Excel but, considering our double digit growth and future expansion plans, we recognise a great need for an integrated system to ensure that we not only better our production but can manage our overall business more efficiently," explains managing director Amit Bedi.
The recent garment factory tragedies in Bangladesh are pushing the industry towards a tipping point - as consumers call for increased sustainability and information about where their clothes come from...
After years of struggling sales, department store retailer JC Penney appointed Ron Johnson as its CEO in 2011, ushering in a new period of dramatic changes. With new management, a new logo, new spokes...
In 2008, the US-based multinational company Wal-Mart Stores acquired the Chilean hypermarket, supermarket and retail company D&S, which already owned more than 250 stores across the country. Every yea...
VF Corp saw second quarter adjusted net income rise on the back of growing margins and rising sales. ...
Wal-Mart de México SAB de CV is the leading and most influential chained grocery retailer in Mexico. The company’s strategy is based on offering a wide range of products at affordable prices. Conseque...
Legislation that seeks to suspend import tariffs on raw materials and some finished products that have no domestic manufacturing has been introduced in the House and Senate during the Miscellaneous Ta...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- 'Cotton of the Carolinas' grows reshoring efforts
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report