KENYA: Apparel maker United Aryan selects WFX ERP
Kenya-based clothing manufacturing giant United Aryan (UAL) has selected the WFX Cloud ERP software for its African production facilities.
UAL operates two production facilities with a capacity of 100,000 pieces/day and 8,000 employees. It is set to open another production facility by mid-2013 which will further increase capacity and create more jobs.
Managed by Pankaj and Amit Bedi, UAL has grown fast speed since its inception in 2002.
"We have been relying on home-grown software and Excel but, considering our double digit growth and future expansion plans, we recognise a great need for an integrated system to ensure that we not only better our production but can manage our overall business more efficiently," explains managing director Amit Bedi.
The recent garment factory tragedies in Bangladesh are pushing the industry towards a tipping point - as consumers call for increased sustainability and information about where their clothes come from...
VF Corp saw second quarter adjusted net income rise on the back of growing margins and rising sales. ...
Legislation that seeks to suspend import tariffs on raw materials and some finished products that have no domestic manufacturing has been introduced in the House and Senate during the Miscellaneous Ta...
Upscale footwear maker Allen Edmonds Shoe Corporation has confirmed that it is looking to sell the company....
Top stories on just-style this week included Nike's launch of its 'Nature Amplified' range, a look at how garment worker wages are driving sourcing shifts, and a report on China's competitiveness as a...
Apparel group Levi Strauss & Co has announced a series of appointments, including the creation of regional presidents for the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, as part of efforts to drive long-term g...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Target hires Apple exec for global sourcing post
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape