US: Apparel maker's sewing plant assets up for sale
Industrial workwear maker Riverside Manufacturing Company is set to auction off millions of dollars-worth of sewing equipment, parts, fabrics and apparel.
The first sale of the items, set for 4-6 June, will be handled by Heritage Global Partners on Riverside’s behalf, and follows the company’s decision to close its US sewing, cutting and warehousing operations in Georgia.
The sale, for which there is a preview on 2-3 June, will include 3,000 sewing machines, Gerber fabric plotting, spreading and cutting equipment, Tajima embroidery machines, plus equipment used for seaming, pressing, steaming and general support.
Also going under the hammer will be US$700,000-plus worth of sewing machine parts, $900,000-plus worth of excess fabrics and textiles, and more than $4.5m in discontinued or excess finished apparel.
“We anticipate strong demand from worldwide buyers as the upcoming auctions of Riverside’s manufacturing plant assets include an unprecedented offering of high-quality industrial sewing machines and apparel manufacturing equipment from leading brands, raw materials and discounted/excess finished goods inventory,” said Ty Lindley, Heritage Global Partners director of sales.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020