BULGARIA: Apparel producers return strong growth
Bulgarian apparel and textile producers have shown strong signs of a recovery from the global economic crisis, which hit the sector hard.
Local press reports cited figures from the Bulgarian Association of Apparel and Textile Producers and Exporters that showed a 20% growth in sales in the first nine months of 2010 over the same period last year.
The reports quoted Mariana Manolova, head of the Association, saying the industry would probably start to hire new workers, however a lack of available credit and the grey market continue to dog the sector.
Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, and the UK are amongst Bulgaria's top markets.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022