UK: Apparel retailers to install virtual fitting rooms
The fitting room displays garment pictures that correspond to shoppers exact body size and shape
Retailers including Adidas, Hugo Boss, LK Bennett, Nicole Farhi and Superdry have signed up to install virtual fitting room technology from Fits.me.
The Fits.me Virtual Fitting Room will enable online shoppers to customise mannequins to their individual measurements so they can see how clothes look on them before they buy.
It is able to pull key garment pictures from the database that correspond to a customer's exact body size and shape.
Fits.me founder and chief executive Heikki Haldre said: "Addressing the online fit problem is becoming a high priority activity for retailers and brands, as an increasing proportion of sales come from their online channel.
"Resolving the inability of shoppers to physically try on clothes when shopping online brings important, significant and measurable benefits in terms of reducing garment returns for reasons of fit, and in increasing conversions by overcoming buyer hesitation."
The Superdry, Adidas and Hugo Boss agreements span multiple overseas websites.
"This is a strong indicator of both the international nature of the fit problem and of the Fits.me Virtual Fitting Room solution," Haldre added.
The virtual fitting rooms, which are being branded for each retailer, are expected to launch when they unveil their spring/summer collections.
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
German luxury brand Hugo Boss has named Jason Wu as artistic director of Boss Women's wear. ...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The pro...
UK brand SuperGroup has appointed Hans Schmitt as its new managing director of international and wholesale as the company continues to focus its efforts abroad. ...
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
Fashion business Hugo Boss posted earnings down 11% in the first quarter, hit by the "persistently challenging economic environment" and changes to delivery timings....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Who has signed up to the Greenpeace Detox Campaign
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey