USA: Apparel Tech Firm FreeBorders Raises $25m
FreeBorders, which develops sourcing technologies and an online trading network for the fashion, apparel, design, and fabric markets, said it raised $25m in its second round of funding.The round was led by the Internet Capital Group (ICG) and included investments from Fountain Set Holdings, Crystal Group, Luen Thai, TAL Apparel, Orient Holding International, and Grupo Mina. FreeBorders said it will use the funding for product development. Freeborders, which is an IBM partner, is the latest trading exchange to set up shop on the web. It will use proprietary technology and strategic global partnerships to increase its members profits and speed to market. It operates three networks: the Private Trading Network; the Public Trading Network; and the Textile and Component Trading Network.For more information, visit the company website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack