USA: Apparel Tech Firm FreeBorders Raises $25m
FreeBorders, which develops sourcing technologies and an online trading network for the fashion, apparel, design, and fabric markets, said it raised $25m in its second round of funding.The round was led by the Internet Capital Group (ICG) and included investments from Fountain Set Holdings, Crystal Group, Luen Thai, TAL Apparel, Orient Holding International, and Grupo Mina. FreeBorders said it will use the funding for product development. Freeborders, which is an IBM partner, is the latest trading exchange to set up shop on the web. It will use proprietary technology and strategic global partnerships to increase its members profits and speed to market. It operates three networks: the Private Trading Network; the Public Trading Network; and the Textile and Component Trading Network.For more information, visit the company website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022