USA: Apparel Tech Firm FreeBorders Raises $25m
FreeBorders, which develops sourcing technologies and an online trading network for the fashion, apparel, design, and fabric markets, said it raised $25m in its second round of funding.The round was led by the Internet Capital Group (ICG) and included investments from Fountain Set Holdings, Crystal Group, Luen Thai, TAL Apparel, Orient Holding International, and Grupo Mina. FreeBorders said it will use the funding for product development. Freeborders, which is an IBM partner, is the latest trading exchange to set up shop on the web. It will use proprietary technology and strategic global partnerships to increase its members profits and speed to market. It operates three networks: the Private Trading Network; the Public Trading Network; and the Textile and Component Trading Network.For more information, visit the company website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts