USA: Apparel Tech Firm FreeBorders Raises $25m
FreeBorders, which develops sourcing technologies and an online trading network for the fashion, apparel, design, and fabric markets, said it raised $25m in its second round of funding.The round was led by the Internet Capital Group (ICG) and included investments from Fountain Set Holdings, Crystal Group, Luen Thai, TAL Apparel, Orient Holding International, and Grupo Mina. FreeBorders said it will use the funding for product development. Freeborders, which is an IBM partner, is the latest trading exchange to set up shop on the web. It will use proprietary technology and strategic global partnerships to increase its members profits and speed to market. It operates three networks: the Private Trading Network; the Public Trading Network; and the Textile and Component Trading Network.For more information, visit the company website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020