EGYPT: Apparel to feature in country’s largest industrial zone
A Qatar-based conglomerate yesterday (29 May) signed an agreement to set up Egypt's largest industrial zone, specialising in four sectors including textiles and garments.
The zone will be located at Borg el Arab on the Mediterranean coast and is being funded by Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment & Development Company.
Qatari Diar hopes to attract around $2.8bn worth of investment in the zone, which will provide up to 133,000 jobs and also specialise in food processing, petrochemicals and engineering products.
Over half the zone's output will be shipped to the US, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar