LITHUANIA: Apranga forms Latvian subsidiary
Baltic States retailer APB Apranga has established a subsidiary, called SIA Apranga SLV, which will operate Stradivarius stores in Latvia under an agreement with Inditex.
An opening in the Latvian capital Riga is expected in spring of 2009, Apranga said in a statement.
The first Stradivarius store in the Baltic States was opened in April 2008 and Apranga Group currently operates 4 Stradivarius stores in Lithuania.
In total, Inditex owns 444 Stradivarius stores in 29 countries.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Latvia’s textile and clothing industry has been hit hard by the recent reversal of the country’s economic fortunes, as competitors in this labour intensive sector either close down or move production ...
Spain's armada of fashion retailers has taken the world's high streets by storm with Inditex becoming the largest such enterprise and smaller rivals such as Mango rushing to gain domination. Not to be...
As long as the economic downturn continues, apparel businesses are going to be more motivated by short-term survival than by great long-term strategies believes Mike Flanagan. Here he asks whether rec...
Inditex SA, one of the world's largest clothing retailers and owner of the Zara, Pull and Bear, Bershka snd Oysho chains, is centralising its global logistics on single web platform....
Japan's foremost ambassador of the 'Hello Kitty' brand character is about to get its biggest endorsement yet from apparel giant Zara....
Shares in retail fashion group Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) fell in early trading today (15 April) after the company announced worse than expected monthly sales for March....
First quarter turnover at the Baltic States' largest fashion retailer, Apranga Group, has fallen by 22.7%, with sales down in all the markets where it operates....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report