USA: Aramark Uniform Buys Alac Garment Services
Uniform and career apparel provider Aramark Uniform Services has acquired the industrial textile rental business of Alac Garment Services, adding an estimated 650 customers to its customer base.
Alac Garment Services rents and leases industrial uniforms and allied products, including mats, mops and shop towels, as well as cleaning and reconditioning work gloves used in the automotive industry.
Aramark anticipates that the acquisition, which includes both components of Alac's business, will add approximately $4 million to its annual revenue.
"Aramark Uniform Services is the best fit for our customer base," said Tom Proctor, president of Alac Garment Services.
Aramark Uniform Services provides rental, purchase and lease programs to over 1.5m people at more than 400,000 businesses. Aramark Uniform Services is a division of Aramark Uniform & Career Apparel Inc, a subsidiary of Aramark Corporation.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts