UK: Arcadia Appoints David Michels Non-Executive Director
David Michels has today been appointed a non-executive director of Arcadia Group plc.Mr Michels is chief executive of Hilton Group plc. He has spent his career in the hotel and leisure industry. After holding senior positions within Hilton hotels, he was appointed chief executive of Stakis plc in 1991. Following the Hilton Group's acquisition of Stakis in April 1999, he became chief executive of the merged hotel businesses. He took up his present post in June this year.Adam Broadbent, chairman of Arcadia Group, said: "We are delighted that David Michels has accepted our invitation to join the board. His experience at the top of large consumer service businesses will be a major benefit to the group."Arcadia Group Plc, formerly the Burton Group Plc, owns fashion multiples Burton Menswear, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Hawkshead, Principles, Racing Green and TOPSHOP/TOPMAN. Its acquisition of the Sears womenswear business - the Miss Selfridge, Wallis, Warehouse and Outfit brands - increased Arcadia Group's share of the UK womenswear market to 11.5 per cent. In June last year, the Group consolidated its multi-channel approach with the launch of Zoom, an e-commerce and Internet Service Provider.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022