UK: Arcadia Appoints David Michels Non-Executive Director
David Michels has today been appointed a non-executive director of Arcadia Group plc.Mr Michels is chief executive of Hilton Group plc. He has spent his career in the hotel and leisure industry. After holding senior positions within Hilton hotels, he was appointed chief executive of Stakis plc in 1991. Following the Hilton Group's acquisition of Stakis in April 1999, he became chief executive of the merged hotel businesses. He took up his present post in June this year.Adam Broadbent, chairman of Arcadia Group, said: "We are delighted that David Michels has accepted our invitation to join the board. His experience at the top of large consumer service businesses will be a major benefit to the group."Arcadia Group Plc, formerly the Burton Group Plc, owns fashion multiples Burton Menswear, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Hawkshead, Principles, Racing Green and TOPSHOP/TOPMAN. Its acquisition of the Sears womenswear business - the Miss Selfridge, Wallis, Warehouse and Outfit brands - increased Arcadia Group's share of the UK womenswear market to 11.5 per cent. In June last year, the Group consolidated its multi-channel approach with the launch of Zoom, an e-commerce and Internet Service Provider.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Bangladesh apparel sector faces up to challenges
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Gap working to rebuild and gain market share
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US Q4 in brief – American Eagle Outfitters
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- Myanmar forms new minimum wage committee
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022