UK: Arcadia Group agrees ban on angora wool
According to the retailer's website, "angora is not to be used on any products supplied to Arcadia Group."
The move follows pressure from animal rights group PETA, which last year exposed "shocking" conditions at farms in China, where 90% of the world's angora wool comes from.
"There is no way to source angora responsibly, and we strongly encourage retailers that still buy angora wool to join the growing list of responsible retailers that have said no to this cruelty," PETA says.
H&M Hennes & Mauritz Sverige AB is looking both for growth in its existing outlets as well as expanding its network in Sweden. Its focus will lie on maintaining its image of offering fashionable desig...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
Homeshopping is still a relevant sales channel for companies, which are continuing to receive revenue from customers who have yet to transition to ordering products online. It is generally the older g...
Between 2012 and 2013, m-commerce grew by 150% and accounted for 7% of internet retailing with sales of SEK2.5 billion in current value terms in 2013. This, as well as the fact that Sweden also has on...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- Declining sales push Coldwater Creek to bankruptcy
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects