UK: Arcadia Group agrees ban on angora wool
According to the retailer's website, "angora is not to be used on any products supplied to Arcadia Group."
The move follows pressure from animal rights group PETA, which last year exposed "shocking" conditions at farms in China, where 90% of the world's angora wool comes from.
"There is no way to source angora responsibly, and we strongly encourage retailers that still buy angora wool to join the growing list of responsible retailers that have said no to this cruelty," PETA says.
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
Cone Denim has agreed a new R&D collaboration with DSM Dyneema, which it says opens up tremendous opportunities for its expanding line of performance denims....
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Down supplier and processor Allied Feather & Down has unveiled a new consumer tracing resource called Track My Down....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead