UK: Arcadia Group announces new CEO
UK retailer Arcadia Group has announced that current COO Ian Grabiner is to become the CEO of the company.
It follows the integration of founder Sir Philip Green's BHS department store chain into his Arcadia Group of stores, which was completed in July.
Arcadia said today that Grabiner will become chief executive of the enlarged group, having joined as COO in 2002 - when Sir Philip first bought Arcadia.
At the time he replaced departing Arcadia chief executive Sir Stuart Rose - who went on to lead Marks and Spencer.
Arcadia's billionaire founder Sir Philip posted a 13% increase in full-year pre-tax profit at the company this morning (22 October).
Prior to joining Arcadia, Grabiner ran retail group GUS' distribution and call centre units having previously held senior executive positions with sportswear chain Sports Division and women's apparel retailer What Everyone Wants.
A spokesperson for Arcadia told just-style today that his appointment did not signal Sir Philip taking any kind of back seat, but rather reinforcing his executive team to deal with BHS' integration.
Primark must be breathing slightly easier today (16 March) following a torrid week in which it has been battered by a large section of the UK media....
A number of high-profile UK retailers are set to review their ranges amid a furore over "inappropriate" clothing for girls....
Former New Look chairman and chief executive Phil Wrigley has been named as the next chairman of drinks retailer Majestic Wine....
UK retailer Arcadia Group has decided to close ten of its BHS department stores, with value chain Primark taking over the leases....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020