UK: Arcadia Group Announces New Director
The Arcadia Group has announced that it has appointed Charles Wilson as executive director with effect from January 9, 2001.
Mr Wilson joins the Arcadia Group from the Iceland Group plc where he served as executive director of Iceland Group and managing director of the Booker Cash and Carry business.
Since his appointment yesterday, Wilson has already bought up 330,973 shares in the group worth an average price of 96.7p. A cash bonus received on joining the company provided funding for 226,176 of the shares.
The gross amount of the cash bonus represents the gain Wilson could have realised had he been able to exercise his Iceland Group share options when he agreed to join Arcadia Group.
Under an agreement with the Group, he will retain the shares bought with the cash bonus throughout his employment with the Group unless, under exceptional circumstances, the remuneration committee permits him to sell some or all of the shares.
Companies: Arcadia Group
What is fast fashion and is it really any different to supply chain management or quick response? This article is an edited version of an interview given by retail consultant Malcolm Newbery to Dr Liz...
After a couple of months' intensive lobbying and mind-changing in Beijing, Washington and Brussels, we're pretty close to seeing what the regulatory background is going to be for global apparel tradin...
Speakers at this year's ASBCI conference defined the changing landscape of global sourcing and spelt out sourcing options in new world of open trading. They agreed that branding, product differentiati...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Retail group Arcadia said it will upgrade its e-commerce platform with a five-year IBM contract....
Retail tycoon Philip Green has criticised the stock of his store chain BHS as being 'poor', and 'off the boil' in comments reported yesterday....
High-street mogul Philip Green has given himself a record dividend of £1.2 billion after his fashion group Arcadia reported a modest increase in annual profits....
Intellifit Corporation has begun implementing a pilot programme for its Find What Fits sizing technology kiosks, which are designed to help customers find the best-fitting styles, brands and sizes....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack