UK: Arcadia losses lead to 3,500 job cuts
The current price deflation across the UK's middle market is said to have contributed to the fall in Arcadia's revenues, whilst Principles for Men has also fallen victim to the rapidly growing trend towards dressed down casualwear. The chain currently trades through a total of 80 standalone shops and about 70 franchises in Arcadia outlets and Debenhams department stores. Principles' shops for women will remain open.
After a couple of months' intensive lobbying and mind-changing in Beijing, Washington and Brussels, we're pretty close to seeing what the regulatory background is going to be for global apparel tradin...
Speakers at this year's ASBCI conference defined the changing landscape of global sourcing and spelt out sourcing options in new world of open trading. They agreed that branding, product differentiati...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Retail group Arcadia said it will upgrade its e-commerce platform with a five-year IBM contract....
Department store chain Debenhams has reported a 123 per cent hike in annual profit and said it is optimistic on future growth....
High-street mogul Philip Green has given himself a record dividend of £1.2 billion after his fashion group Arcadia reported a modest increase in annual profits....
Shares bought in retail group Arcadia by Jon Asgeir Johannesson, chief executive of Icelandic retailer Baugur, are being probed in a fraud case started by Icelandic police....
Department store operator Debenhams is planning to grow its business into India, and is also considering expanding into the Chinese market....
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled