UK: Arcadia Ownership Change To Save £150m In Tax?
Infamous entrepreneur Philip Green is said to have handed over the reigns of the retail group Arcadia, which includes high-street chains Topshop, Burton and Dorothy Perkins, to his wife Tina, according to the Guardian newspaper.
The change in ownership to Tina Green, who is a resident in Monaco, would save the family £150 million in tax that would otherwise be payable on the £460m dividend Arcadia is providing them with this year.
If the same occurs with Green's Bhs group it will mean an extra £130m tax saving on the £400m dividends Green and his family have received from the company over the past three years.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
What is fast fashion and is it really any different to supply chain management or quick response? This article is an edited version of an interview given by retail consultant Malcolm Newbery to Dr Liz...
After a couple of months' intensive lobbying and mind-changing in Beijing, Washington and Brussels, we're pretty close to seeing what the regulatory background is going to be for global apparel tradin...
The term 'wearable electronics' refers to the reliable, robust implementation of microelectronic circuits into innovative textiles or garments ('smart clothes') in a way that is suitable for everyday ...
Speakers at this year's ASBCI conference defined the changing landscape of global sourcing and spelt out sourcing options in new world of open trading. They agreed that branding, product differentiati...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Finding attractive clothing in larger sizes is still problematic for consumers a new market report has found. But with the UK market for plus-size fashion expected to grow by 6 per cent during 2005 ca...
Kangol Ltd is to sell its women's wear through retailer Topshop in the UK, appointing designer Markus Lupfer to design the new collection....
Retail group Arcadia said it will upgrade its e-commerce platform with a five-year IBM contract....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts