UK: Arcadia Shares Part Of Baugur CEO Fraud Case
Shares bought in retail group Arcadia by Jon Asgeir Johannesson, chief executive of Icelandic retailer Baugur, are being probed in a fraud case started by Icelandic police.
The charges against Johannesson reportedly include embezzlement of £825,000 during his failed bid for Arcadia four years ago.
The allegations made against Johannesson and five others were revealed in a letter written by Johannesson to the Icelandic police, in which he denies all of the 40 charges made against him.
Arcadia's high-street names include the Top Shop and Miss Selfridge fashion chains.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
What is fast fashion and is it really any different to supply chain management or quick response? This article is an edited version of an interview given by retail consultant Malcolm Newbery to Dr Liz...
After a couple of months' intensive lobbying and mind-changing in Beijing, Washington and Brussels, we're pretty close to seeing what the regulatory background is going to be for global apparel tradin...
Speakers at this year's ASBCI conference defined the changing landscape of global sourcing and spelt out sourcing options in new world of open trading. They agreed that branding, product differentiati...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Chief executive of retail investment group Baugur, Jon Asgeir Johannesson, has been cleared of the eight remaining charges of business improprieties against him....
Retail group Arcadia said it will upgrade its e-commerce platform with a five-year IBM contract....
Struggling fashion chain French connection is at the centre of takeover speculation after Icelandic investor Baugur upped its stake in the business....
High-street mogul Philip Green has given himself a record dividend of £1.2 billion after his fashion group Arcadia reported a modest increase in annual profits....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts