SOUTH AFRICA: Arcadia to open South African franchise store
The 950 sq m flagship store in Sandton City is expected to open by the end of November.
"This represents another step in our continued international growth, and I am confident that the South African customers will enjoy the retail experience and fantastic product offer that both our brands will deliver for them," said Arcadia owner Sir Philip Green.
Jürgen Schreiber, Edcon CEO and Veronique Shera, MD of Busby Retail added: "The agreement leverages the strengths of our two organisations and is an exciting development in fashion retail."
David Shepherd, COO for trading and MD for Topman, said there is "obviously a demand" for the brands in the South African market following the opening of Arcadia's pop-up shop in Cape Town.
Sri Lankan clothing producer Timex is expanding its own brands in Asia and Europe as part of plans to move into higher margin areas to offset rising costs in its domestic manufacturing operations....
Arcadia Group is set to enter China with its first Topshop store in Hong Kong, opening in May next year. ...
Arcadia owner Sir Philip Green has sold a 25% stake in his Topshop and Topman brands to private equity firm Leonard Green & Partners in a deal that values the two brands at GBP2bn....
Sir Philip Green is allegedly in talks to sell a stake of up to 25% in the Topman and Topshop chains to the private equity owners of US retailer J Crew....
Fashion retail group Arcadia overcame "very challenging conditions" in the UK and around the world to deliver full-year, pre-tax profits before exceptional items up 25% on last year....
Fashion retailer Hobbs today (12 November) has strengthened its management team with a new director of buying and merchandising after booking a 9% jump in sales in the last nine months....
Three organisations are calling on UK fashion businesses to ensure that workers at overseas supplier companies are given a living wage to match their UK counterparts....
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy