SOUTH AFRICA: Arcadia to open South African franchise store
The 950 sq m flagship store in Sandton City is expected to open by the end of November.
"This represents another step in our continued international growth, and I am confident that the South African customers will enjoy the retail experience and fantastic product offer that both our brands will deliver for them," said Arcadia owner Sir Philip Green.
Jürgen Schreiber, Edcon CEO and Veronique Shera, MD of Busby Retail added: "The agreement leverages the strengths of our two organisations and is an exciting development in fashion retail."
David Shepherd, COO for trading and MD for Topman, said there is "obviously a demand" for the brands in the South African market following the opening of Arcadia's pop-up shop in Cape Town.
Sri Lankan clothing producer Timex is expanding its own brands in Asia and Europe as part of plans to move into higher margin areas to offset rising costs in its domestic manufacturing operations....
Arcadia Group is set to enter China with its first Topshop store in Hong Kong, opening in May next year. ...
Arcadia owner Sir Philip Green has sold a 25% stake in his Topshop and Topman brands to private equity firm Leonard Green & Partners in a deal that values the two brands at GBP2bn....
Sir Philip Green is allegedly in talks to sell a stake of up to 25% in the Topman and Topshop chains to the private equity owners of US retailer J Crew....
Fashion retail group Arcadia overcame "very challenging conditions" in the UK and around the world to deliver full-year, pre-tax profits before exceptional items up 25% on last year....
Fashion retailer Hobbs today (12 November) has strengthened its management team with a new director of buying and merchandising after booking a 9% jump in sales in the last nine months....
Three organisations are calling on UK fashion businesses to ensure that workers at overseas supplier companies are given a living wage to match their UK counterparts....
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- ANALYSIS: Back-to-school spending a waiting game
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- Weak traffic slows sales for Abercrombie & Fitch
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report