SWITZERLAND: Archroma takes stake in textile dye firm M Dohmen
Speciality chemicals company Archroma has acquired a 49% stake in M Dohmen, an international group specialising in the production of textile dyes and chemicals for industry sectors including apparel.
The deal, for an undisclosed sum, will position the new partnership to benefit from a broader product portfolio and the opportunity to develop new geographic markets.
"M Dohmen is a perfect partner for us," said Thomas Winkler, president of textile specialties at Archroma. "They bring complementary strengths particularly in the areas of dyes for synthetic fibres and wool."
On completion of the deal, both companies will continue to operate independently. Customers, suppliers and partners will continue to keep the same contact points and representatives.
M Dohmen serves textile markets globally from production facilities in Switzerland, Germany and Korea, and maintains sales organisations in the US and Italy.
The company's CEO, Manfred Dohmen, added: "Archroma has been able to preserve its service-oriented approach to the textile industry while growing into a global leader. Our partnership will allow us to broaden our product portfolio and develop new markets, especially in Asia and Latin America."
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape