SWITZERLAND: Archroma takes stake in textile dye firm M Dohmen
Speciality chemicals company Archroma has acquired a 49% stake in M Dohmen, an international group specialising in the production of textile dyes and chemicals for industry sectors including apparel.
The deal, for an undisclosed sum, will position the new partnership to benefit from a broader product portfolio and the opportunity to develop new geographic markets.
"M Dohmen is a perfect partner for us," said Thomas Winkler, president of textile specialties at Archroma. "They bring complementary strengths particularly in the areas of dyes for synthetic fibres and wool."
On completion of the deal, both companies will continue to operate independently. Customers, suppliers and partners will continue to keep the same contact points and representatives.
M Dohmen serves textile markets globally from production facilities in Switzerland, Germany and Korea, and maintains sales organisations in the US and Italy.
The company's CEO, Manfred Dohmen, added: "Archroma has been able to preserve its service-oriented approach to the textile industry while growing into a global leader. Our partnership will allow us to broaden our product portfolio and develop new markets, especially in Asia and Latin America."
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- US Q1 in brief: Carter's, Columbia Sportswear, Ske
- Aeropostale delisted from New York Stock Exchange