SWITZERLAND: Archroma takes stake in textile dye firm M Dohmen
Speciality chemicals company Archroma has acquired a 49% stake in M Dohmen, an international group specialising in the production of textile dyes and chemicals for industry sectors including apparel.
The deal, for an undisclosed sum, will position the new partnership to benefit from a broader product portfolio and the opportunity to develop new geographic markets.
"M Dohmen is a perfect partner for us," said Thomas Winkler, president of textile specialties at Archroma. "They bring complementary strengths particularly in the areas of dyes for synthetic fibres and wool."
On completion of the deal, both companies will continue to operate independently. Customers, suppliers and partners will continue to keep the same contact points and representatives.
M Dohmen serves textile markets globally from production facilities in Switzerland, Germany and Korea, and maintains sales organisations in the US and Italy.
The company's CEO, Manfred Dohmen, added: "Archroma has been able to preserve its service-oriented approach to the textile industry while growing into a global leader. Our partnership will allow us to broaden our product portfolio and develop new markets, especially in Asia and Latin America."
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- TPP likely to lead to rise in US apparel imports
- Can supplier ratings reform purchasing practices?
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- H&M criticised for India, Cambodia labour abuses
- US Q1 in brief: Buckle, Destination XL
- Victoria's Secret discontinue swimwear to simplify
- Labour may limit Malaysia TPP apparel shipments