USA: Ariat Cuts Footwear Processing Costs With TradeCard
Ariat, a $65 million company distributing its products in over 3,000 retail outlets around the world, has already integrated its existing ERP system with the TradeCard Platform and run part of its global purchasing transactions through the TradeCard Platform over the past six months. This is said to have resulted in a reduction of processing costs by over 40 per cent.
As a rapidly growing company, Ariat faced difficulties in effectively managing the huge number of paper documents generated through its global buying operations and was looking for a way to automate manual reconciliation and payment processing.
"Disjointed payment and shipment data and delayed visibility into critical transaction data, made it difficult to effectively manage cash flow," said Jeroen Noordermeer, chief financial officer, Ariat International.
"TradeCard allows us and our trading partners for the first time to have real-time insight into the transaction chain from order through settlement so we know exactly when payment is going out and our suppliers know when to expect payment, improving both our cash-flow management and trading partner relationships at the same time."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
TradeCard Inc, a provider of on-demand financial supply chain products, is being used by Columbia Sportswear Company to automate trade transactions with international suppliers from purchase order del...
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective