US: Army and Navy teams trial Nike shrink wrap uniform
Sporting goods firm Nike will debut its new 'shrink wrap' football uniforms this weekend during the 109th meeting of the US Army vs Navy teams.
Nike said the new unforms, called "Enforcer", had better moisture management and less grab points.
The Army helmet and pant has a digital print camouflage pattern, and "Duty, Honor, Country" will be displayed on the back of each player's jersey along with their uniform number.
Navy players, meanwhile, will wear their traditional sun gold helmet and their jersey will have the US Marines globe and anchor logo, and shoulder boards with a Navy with Gold trim to depict the wings of the Blue Angel plane.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Apparel companies who want to operate environmentally sustainable businesses should cut excess manufacturing by balancing supply with demand, and learn from their mistakes, according to new guidelines...
Top sports and fashion brands including Gucci, Adidas/Reebok, Timberland, Geox, Clarks and Nike, have been accused of contributing to the destruction of the Amazon rainforest by using leather from cat...
Apparel retail group Perry Ellis International recorded a 36% fall in first quarter profits to US$5.8m, but beat expectations despite a 9.7% revenue decline....
Global buy-out firm TPG Capital is investing CNY550m (US$80.2m) in women's footwear retailer Daphne International Holdings Limited to help it expand its Daphne and Shoebox stores in China....
Sporting goods giant Nike is to shed 5% of its 35,000-strong global workforce, following a structural review sparked by the current economic climate....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Julie Rosen is returning to specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc as senior vice president of merchandising for Banana Republic....
President Barack Obama has nominated a leading Nike executive to the post of CEO of the Corporation for National and Community Service....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022