RUSSIA: Army Seeks Protective Tank Crew Suit
The Russian Defence Ministry is competing a tender for a protective suit for its tank crews, Jane's Defence Weekly reported. Local companies Steel Science and Research Institute and Armokom have both offered suits. The Steel Science and Research Institute's suit, weighing 5.7kg, offers resistance to a naked flame of 400°C for up to a minute and protection against shrapnel weighing up to 2g travelling at a speed of 400m/s.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores