USA: Arteva Specialties Settles $28m Polyester Cartel Case
The US Justice Department said in a news release that Arteva, a division of Luxembourg-based KoSa and which has offices in North Carolina, had pleaded guilty to the cartel charges.
It added the firm's former director of textile staples, Troy Stanley Sr, pleaded guilty to charges filed against him and had agreed to pay a $20,000 fine and go to prison for eight months.
"Today's cases reflect the Antitrust Division's resolve to prosecute companies and executives engaged in cartels that harm American consumers," said Charles James, Assistant Attorney General in charge of the Department's Antitrust Division.
The company and ex-official had been charged with conspiring to suppress and eliminate competition in the North American polyester staple industry from September 1999 until January 2001.
Companies: Wolverine World Wide Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Footwear company Wolverine World Wide has made a number of organisational promotions within its outdoor footwear group, which consists of the Merrell, Sebago and Patagonia businesses....
Footwear group Wolverine World Wide has unveiled a set of promotions and organisational changes relating to its Heritage Brands Group, Wolverine Footwear Group and global support operations....
Footwear group Wolverine World Wide Inc has reported strong trading for the second quarter of 2005, driven by good consumer response to innovative product offerings....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar