INDIA: Arvind in licence deal with Hanesbrands
Arvind Lifestyle Brands has revealed its ambitions in the branded underwear segment, entering a licensing agreement to sell basic and intimate apparel under the Hanes and Wonderbra brands.
The deal signals Arvind's entry into the branded underwear market. It plans to increase the number of Hanes points of sale in India from 5,000 to 15,000 over the next three years.
"In the past we have focused on and built a strong position in the Indian men's wear, women's wear, and kid's wear segments, with one of the strongest portfolios of home-grown and acquired global brands," said J Suresh, managing director and CEO of Arvind Lifestyle Brands.
"It was only logical then, that we look at the branded apparel essentials and lingerie market as the next area of growth, given the changing lifestyles of Indian consumers and the subsequent shift in consumption to the organised sector therein.
"The transition will give us a new edge to our product portfolio. We plan to grow the Hanes vertical within Arvind to achieve INR5bn over the next four years."
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
Revenue falls in both wholesale and retail segments sent intimate apparel business Maidenform Brands to a 31% fall in second quarter net profit....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017...
Global Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile...
Basic apparel manufacturer Hanesbrands has seen its second-quarter net profit soar thanks to substantially lower cotton costs and its innovate-to-elevate initiatives....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- H&M calls for annual wage reviews in Bangladesh
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- Cambodia garment workers campaign for higher wages
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Child labour products still entering US from China
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020