INDIA: Arvind in licence deal with Hanesbrands
Arvind Lifestyle Brands has revealed its ambitions in the branded underwear segment, entering a licensing agreement to sell basic and intimate apparel under the Hanes and Wonderbra brands.
The deal signals Arvind's entry into the branded underwear market. It plans to increase the number of Hanes points of sale in India from 5,000 to 15,000 over the next three years.
"In the past we have focused on and built a strong position in the Indian men's wear, women's wear, and kid's wear segments, with one of the strongest portfolios of home-grown and acquired global brands," said J Suresh, managing director and CEO of Arvind Lifestyle Brands.
"It was only logical then, that we look at the branded apparel essentials and lingerie market as the next area of growth, given the changing lifestyles of Indian consumers and the subsequent shift in consumption to the organised sector therein.
"The transition will give us a new edge to our product portfolio. We plan to grow the Hanes vertical within Arvind to achieve INR5bn over the next four years."
Revenue falls in both wholesale and retail segments sent intimate apparel business Maidenform Brands to a 31% fall in second quarter net profit....
Basic apparel manufacturer Hanesbrands has seen its second-quarter net profit soar thanks to substantially lower cotton costs and its innovate-to-elevate initiatives....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- World cotton trade seen stable in 2015/16
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry