INDIA: Arvind sells joint venture stake to VF Mauritius
Indian textile group Arvind announced today (2 November) that it has divested its minority stake in VF Arvind Brands to VF Mauritius.
It sold the 40% stake in the company, which markets products under the Lee and Wrangler brands, for INR2.57bn.
The company was formed as a 60:40 joint venture between VF Mauritius and Arvind in 2006. Arvind invested some INR54.7m in capital into the company.
As part of the joint venture agreement, VF had the right to acquire Arvind's stake in the business after five years.
Commenting on the divestment director and CFO Jayesh Shah said: "We had a rewarding association with VF. In the last financial year our share of revenue from the joint venture was approximately INR1.2bn, which constituted slightly less than 3% of our consolidated revenue.
"Arvind plans to utilise cash flow received from the sale of the joint venture in reducing its debt."
Arvind posted a jump in second-quarter profit at the end of October, up 58% on the same period of the previous year.
Textile and apparel business Arvind Limited is targeting full-year revenue growth of 18% after posting a 19% revenue hike and an 8% net profit increase in its third quarter....
Debenhams today (30 January) announced that it will launch VF Corp-owned brand Nautica and become its exclusive UK stockist...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020