INDIA: Arvind signs licence deal for Ed Hardy
Arvind Lifestyle Brands has signed a licensing agreement with Iconix Lifestyle India for fashion label Ed Hardy.
The deal will see Arvind hold the exclusive multi-year license to manufacture and distribute Ed Hardy apparel and accessories throughout India. The line is expected to launch during autumn/winter 2013 with a new global product and price strategy.
"Ed Hardy is a well-known internationally recognised brand and enjoys the status of a 'cult classic' with massive fan following and a unique cutting edge image," said Arvind Lifestyle Brands MD and CEO J Suresh.
"We are thrilled to work with Iconix Lifestyle to bring Ed Hardy to India. As the brand rolls out in AW13 , we foresee a very successful launch. Ed hardy will also strengthen our portfolio in the youth segment."
TowerBrook Capital Partners has completed its $824m acquisition of denim and sportswear brand True Religion Apparel....
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has lifted its full-year guidance after reporting a 31.4% increase in second-quarter net profit....
Iconix Brand Group has acquired the remaining 49% stake in the Ecko portfolio of brands that it did not already own, in a deal worth US$45m....
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Adidas launches "lightest ever" football boot
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing