INDIA: Arvind signs licence deal for Ed Hardy
Arvind Lifestyle Brands has signed a licensing agreement with Iconix Lifestyle India for fashion label Ed Hardy.
The deal will see Arvind hold the exclusive multi-year license to manufacture and distribute Ed Hardy apparel and accessories throughout India. The line is expected to launch during autumn/winter 2013 with a new global product and price strategy.
"Ed Hardy is a well-known internationally recognised brand and enjoys the status of a 'cult classic' with massive fan following and a unique cutting edge image," said Arvind Lifestyle Brands MD and CEO J Suresh.
"We are thrilled to work with Iconix Lifestyle to bring Ed Hardy to India. As the brand rolls out in AW13 , we foresee a very successful launch. Ed hardy will also strengthen our portfolio in the youth segment."
TowerBrook Capital Partners has completed its $824m acquisition of denim and sportswear brand True Religion Apparel....
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has lifted its full-year guidance after reporting a 31.4% increase in second-quarter net profit....
Iconix Brand Group has acquired the remaining 49% stake in the Ecko portfolio of brands that it did not already own, in a deal worth US$45m....
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead