INDIA: Arvind signs licence deal for Ed Hardy
Arvind Lifestyle Brands has signed a licensing agreement with Iconix Lifestyle India for fashion label Ed Hardy.
The deal will see Arvind hold the exclusive multi-year license to manufacture and distribute Ed Hardy apparel and accessories throughout India. The line is expected to launch during autumn/winter 2013 with a new global product and price strategy.
"Ed Hardy is a well-known internationally recognised brand and enjoys the status of a 'cult classic' with massive fan following and a unique cutting edge image," said Arvind Lifestyle Brands MD and CEO J Suresh.
"We are thrilled to work with Iconix Lifestyle to bring Ed Hardy to India. As the brand rolls out in AW13 , we foresee a very successful launch. Ed hardy will also strengthen our portfolio in the youth segment."
TowerBrook Capital Partners has completed its $824m acquisition of denim and sportswear brand True Religion Apparel....
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has lifted its full-year guidance after reporting a 31.4% increase in second-quarter net profit....
Iconix Brand Group has acquired the remaining 49% stake in the Ecko portfolio of brands that it did not already own, in a deal worth US$45m....
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments