INDIA: Arvind signs licence deal for Ed Hardy
Arvind Lifestyle Brands has signed a licensing agreement with Iconix Lifestyle India for fashion label Ed Hardy.
The deal will see Arvind hold the exclusive multi-year license to manufacture and distribute Ed Hardy apparel and accessories throughout India. The line is expected to launch during autumn/winter 2013 with a new global product and price strategy.
"Ed Hardy is a well-known internationally recognised brand and enjoys the status of a 'cult classic' with massive fan following and a unique cutting edge image," said Arvind Lifestyle Brands MD and CEO J Suresh.
"We are thrilled to work with Iconix Lifestyle to bring Ed Hardy to India. As the brand rolls out in AW13 , we foresee a very successful launch. Ed hardy will also strengthen our portfolio in the youth segment."
TowerBrook Capital Partners has completed its $824m acquisition of denim and sportswear brand True Religion Apparel....
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has lifted its full-year guidance after reporting a 31.4% increase in second-quarter net profit....
Iconix Brand Group has acquired the remaining 49% stake in the Ecko portfolio of brands that it did not already own, in a deal worth US$45m....
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault