INDIA: Arvind signs licence deal for Ed Hardy
Arvind Lifestyle Brands has signed a licensing agreement with Iconix Lifestyle India for fashion label Ed Hardy.
The deal will see Arvind hold the exclusive multi-year license to manufacture and distribute Ed Hardy apparel and accessories throughout India. The line is expected to launch during autumn/winter 2013 with a new global product and price strategy.
"Ed Hardy is a well-known internationally recognised brand and enjoys the status of a 'cult classic' with massive fan following and a unique cutting edge image," said Arvind Lifestyle Brands MD and CEO J Suresh.
"We are thrilled to work with Iconix Lifestyle to bring Ed Hardy to India. As the brand rolls out in AW13 , we foresee a very successful launch. Ed hardy will also strengthen our portfolio in the youth segment."
TowerBrook Capital Partners has completed its $824m acquisition of denim and sportswear brand True Religion Apparel....
Iconix Brand Group, which owns and licenses brands including Candie's and Umbro, has lifted its full-year guidance after reporting a 31.4% increase in second-quarter net profit....
Iconix Brand Group has acquired the remaining 49% stake in the Ecko portfolio of brands that it did not already own, in a deal worth US$45m....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024