UK: ASBCI And SDC Launch Colourful Technical Partnership
The Association of Suppliers to the British Clothing Industry, ASBCI, and the Society of Dyers and Colourists, SDC are to share their resources by setting up a programme of meetings, technical visits, seminars and training forums where their respective members will be able to discuss colour issues and improve their knowledge and expertise of dyeing and colour processes.
There are also plans to publish innovative literature on the basics of colour suitable for personnel in the retail, fashion and design sectors.
Malcolm Ball, chairman of ASBCI technical committee said: "The work of the SDC is of immense importance to the UK's clothing industry but up to now there has not been a close relationship with the clothing supply chain. This new collaboration will give ASBCI members an opportunity to tell the SDC direct of the colour issues facing suppliers and the high street while gaining a greater understanding of the science and technology involved in the creation, application and performance of dyes and colours."
SDC Enterprises, the Bradford-based manufacturer of test materials, is introducing a security thread woven into the selvedge of its Multifibre DW Adjacent Fabric in a bid to protect customer and consu...
A new standard for communication between colour computers has been developed by the Colour Measurement Committee of the Society of Dyers and Colourists working in partnership with the National Physica...
A set of electronic distance learning modules to help people working in the field of colour enhance their skills and knowledge has been launched by the Society of Dyers and Colourists (SDC)....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report